Main St. Tax Credit
Main Street Tax Credit Incentive Program
|Your Contribution||$ 1,000.00|
|MLBA Receives||$ 1,000.00|
|2013 B&O Tax Credit||$ 750.00|
|2012 Fed. Tax Deduction||$ 1,000.00|
The Basic Facts:
- Eligible community organizations can receive donations totaling up to $133,333.33 per calendar year.
- Your downtown organization Moses Lake Business Association is part of the state Main Street program.
- Don’t forget that donating to the Main Street Trust Fund helps support revitalizing downtowns across the state! Building the capacity of the statewide program provides services to existing and future downtown organizations.
How Do You Actually Get The Tax Credit?
- Businesses must be registered to file their state excise tax electronically.
- A donation request must be filled out and submitted online, but don’t worry – it’s easy and we’ve got step-by-step instructions on our website!
- The donation can be spread out throughout the calendar year, but pledge early (and often!) to guarantee the donation is eligible!
- The business must take the tax credit the following year the donation is made – and sorry, but the tax credit can’t be carried forward and there won’t be a refund for any credit above and beyond a business’ tax liability.
Interested in participating in the Main Street Tax Credit Incentive?
For a step by step guide to sign up on the DOR Website for the Main Street Tax Credit Incentive click on the link below:
Contact the MLBA Executive Director at 509-764-1475 for more information.